The mission of Optim Healthcare and our affiliated locations and physicians is to provide our patients with premium quality care that is convenient, effective and cost efficient in a comfortable and pleasing environment.
Goals and Objectives
- To provide our patients with a wide range of specialized services
- To select physicians of the highest caliber who continuously strive toward professional excellence
- To maintain the highest standards of patient focused healthcare
- To maintain and enhance employee productivity standards
- To ensure integrity, corporate responsibility and ethical behavior in all we do
Your Rights as an Optim Healthcare Patient
As a patient of Optim Healthcare, you have the right to:
- Be treated with kindness and respect.
- Appropriate and safe treatment regardless of your race, age, creed, gender, national origin or source of payment for your care.
- Receive a clear explanation about your medical condition, treatment and outlook in understandable terms.
- Make choices about your own care, including the rights to request or refuse care.
- Have your family, caregiver or personal physician notified of your admission to the hospital.
- Make an Advanced Directive, including a Living Will and/or Power of Attorney for Healthcare.
- Privacy of your medical records and details about your care and the right to view your own medical records.
- Personal privacy.
- Be told how to continue your care upon discharge from any facility or appointment.
- Receive a copy of your bill as permitted by law.
- Upon request, be provided with instructions on how to voice a complaint.
- Appropriate assessment and treatment of pain.
- Emotional and physical care that supports families and children.
Your Responsibilities as an Optim Healthcare Patient
As an Optim Healthcare patient you are responsible for:
- Informing your physician about any medicines you are taking at home, your medical history and your present medical problems.
- Providing the hospital with a copy of your Advance Directive, if you have one.
- Asking questions when you or your family do not understand what you have been told about your medical condition, your treatment or what you should do to care for yourself.
- Participating in all decisions about your treatment. With Optim Healthcare, you are the center of your healthcare team.
- Following the instructions of your healthcare plan as developed by your physician. Your plan includes the effect of lifestyle on your health. You are also responsible for accepting the consequences of not following the instructions of your physician.
- Educating yourself about your diagnosis, the medical tests you are undergoing and your treatment plan.
- Showing respect towards our physicians, staff, facilities and equipment.
- Paying your hospital bill. This includes providing correct information about your insurance provider.
- Letting Optim Healthcare know of any suggestions you may have for improving the quality of care we provide.