THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED REGULARLY AS NEW INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE
Optim Orthopedics and Optim Health System are committed to the health and safety of our patients, employees and community. Continuing to provide compassionate, high quality care remains our mission as we stay on top of updates and recommendations from the CDC and the Georgia and South Carolina Departments of Public Health.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is still a rapidly developing situation, and we are evaluating and implementing changes and new protocols on a site by site basis to make sure we are best meeting the safety needs and guidelines of our patients, employees and community.
We know you have questions and are hopeful we can provide some answers and peace of mind.
During this heightened flu season and with the rapid advancement of coronavirus, it is imperative that we do everything we can to avoid the potential spread of any communicable diseases or respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19.
As part of our safety protocols, all patients and visitors will be required to fill out a questionnaire (online and/or in-person) based on CDC guidelines. A list of the screening questions may be downloaded here.
Where available, we are offering mobile check-in (Optim Orthopedics clinics) and wait in your car instead of the lobby options. Additionally, at some Optim Health System Primary Care clinics we are offering telemedicine options.
Please DO NOT visit nor accompany a patient if you or someone you are in close contact with:
- Has a fever
- Has a cough, shortness of breath, or other flu-like or coronavirus-like symptoms
- Has been on a cruise ship, traveled outside of the country, or traveled anywhere in the US that has confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) cases
- Has had direct contact with someone that has been diagnosed or is being monitored for COVID-19.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call. CLICK HERE for list of all Optim clinic and facility locations and phone numbers.
- “Essential Visitor Only Policy” for minors and persons with disabilities needing assistance
- Essential Visitors are considered parents / guardians, caretakers / assistants, and family members
- In an effort to support social distancing, once checked-in, you may wait in your car and we will inform you when your provider is ready to see you in clinic
- We are hoping to be able to offer telemedicine options the week of March 23rd.
Optim Medical Center-Tattnall; Optim Medical Center-Screven; Optim Surgery Center
- All visitors must be 18 years or older
- Requesting only one (1) visitor per patient if possible
Optim Therapy and Optim Imaging
- “Essential Visitor Only Policy”
- Essential Visitors are considered parents / guardians, caretakers, and family who will be part of the therapy instruction.
Thank you for your continued patience and adherence to these important protocols.
Q: Is Optim Orthopedics open and seeing patients? What about your Walk-in Care and After Hours / Weekend Urgent Care?
A: Yes, adhering to heightened safety protocols, we are open and are seeing patients at all of our clinic locations.
Walk-in orthopedic care is available still. Please remember, all patients and visitors will be asked to fill out screening forms.
Unfortunately, during this time we made the difficult decision that after hours and weekend Orthopedic Urgent Care will be closed effective Monday, March 23, 2020. We will let everyone know when we have this service back open.
Q: Are Optim Therapy, Optim Imaging and other Optim Health System clinic locations for Primary Care and Internal Medicine open and seeing patients?
A: Yes, adhering to heightened safety protocols, currently all of our clinic locations are open, seeing patients, and operating under normal business hours.
Q: Is it safe to keep my appointment?
A:In accordance with CDC guidelines, Optim Orthopedics and Optim Health System are following recommendations to provide you, and all patients, visitors, employees and providers a safe environment.
- Preemptive patient, visitor, and employee screenings
- If available, at some locations we are providing patients with options to wait in cars rather than in our lobby areas to minimize all group interactions
- Hand sanitizer stations are available
- All employees and providers are following strict handwashing protocols
- Increased cleaning our clinics, waiting and exam rooms paying close attention to frequently touched areas
Q: May I bring someone with me to my appointment or surgical visit?
A: In an effort to keep everyone safe, we are working to minimize the number of people coming into our clinics, surgery center, and hospitals. We are asking for your help by only bringing one person, if possible, with you to your appointment or surgical visit. Please see our Visitation Restrictions for additional details
Q: What if I’m not feeling well, may I still come in for my appointment or surgical procedure?
A: If you are not feeling well or experiencing flu-like symptoms, we request that you please reschedule your appointment.
If you have an urgent orthopedic situation, please call us in advance for next steps. CLICK HERE for list of all Optim clinic and facility locations and phone numbers.
Q: My Primary Care doctor considers me to be a high-risk patient, but I don’t feel sick and don’t have a fever. May I keep my appointment?
A: Everyone’s health and wellbeing are our top priorities. According to CDC recommendations, you should reschedule your appointment if you, or anyone you are in close contact with, meets any of the following criteria:
- Symptoms associated with coronavirus (COVID-19) like shortness of breath, fever, or cough
- Have been exposed to COVID-19
- Traveled via any method (i.e. plane, bus, train, ship, car) in or out of the US where positive COVID-19 cases have been identified in the last 30 days?
- Are considered a high-risk patient as defined by the CDC* (*Adults 60 years or older or have a chronic medical condition like heart disease, diabetes, or lung disease)
Q: How will I be informed if there is any change to my care schedule for a consultation appointment, imaging, surgery follow-up, or therapy appointment?
A: Please do not hesitate to call or send a message through your patient portal with any questions about your care or care schedule. . CLICK HERE for list of all Optim clinic and facility locations and phone numbers. We also take a very proactive communication approach when it comes to your care.
Q: Do you offer Telehealth virtual appointments?
A: Yes, we are offering Telehealth virtual appointments for orthopedics, neurosurgery, pain management, therapy, and primary care / internal medicine patients.
Please call the clinic location directly for details.
Posted: 3/19/2020; Revised: 3/21/2020; 4/1/2020