At Optim Orthopedics and Optim Health System, we take the health and well-being of you, our patients, our employees and providers, and everyone in the communities we serve, very seriously.
We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak through the CDC, WHO, and the Georgia and South Carolina Departments of Public Health (DPH) and update our protocols to mitigate any potential impact accordingly.
As part of our safety protocols, we have enacted Visitor and Visitation Restrictions.
VISITOR & VISITATION RESTRICTIONS
- NO VISITORS ALLOWED / ESSENTIAL VISITORS ONLY
- Essential Visitor are for minors and persons with disabilities needing assistance
- Essential Visitors are considered parents / guardians, caretakers / assistants, and interpreters
- In an effort to support social/physical distancing, once checked-in, you may wait in your car and we will inform you when your provider is ready to see you in clinic
- We are offering Telehealth Virtual Appointments. Please call the clinic directly for details.
OPTIM MEDICAL CENTER-TATTNALL; OPTIM MEDICAL CENTER-SCREVEN; OPTIM SURGERY CENTER
- All visitors must be 18 years or older
- Requesting only one (1) visitor per patient if possible
OPTIM THERAPY AND OPTIM IMAGING
- “Essential Visitor Only Policy”
- Essential Visitors are considered parents / guardians, caretakers, family, and interpreters who will be part of the therapy instruction or are needed for imaging.
- We are offering Telehealth Virtual Appointments for our Therapy patients. Please call the clinic directly for details.
During this heightened flu season and with the rapid advancement of coronavirus, it is imperative that we do everything we can to avoid the potential spread of any communicable diseases or respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19.
As part of our safety protocols, all patients and visitors will be required to fill out a questionnaire (online and/or in-person) based on CDC guidelines. A list of the screening questions may be downloaded here.
Where available, we are offering mobile check-in and wait in your car instead of the lobby options. Additionally, we are now also offering Telehealth Virtual Appointments across the Optim Orthopedics and Optim Health System footprint. Please call the clinic directly for details.
Please DO NOT visit nor accompany a patient if you or someone you are in close contact with:
- Has a fever
- Has a cough, shortness of breath, or other flu-like or coronavirus-like symptoms
- Has traveled via any method (i.e. plane, bus, train, ship, car) in or out of the US to an area of widespread COVID-19 transmission in the last 30 days
- Has had direct contact with someone that has been diagnosed or is being monitored for COVID-19
- Has been hospitalized in a facility with COVID-19 patients in the last 14 days
- Has been in a nursing home or assisted living facility in the last 14 days
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call. CLICK HERE for list of all Optim clinic and facility locations and phone numbers.
Thank you for your continued patience and adherence to these important protocols.
Posted: 4/1/2020; Revised: 4/24/2020